Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is crucial for marketing any business. SEO is the master when it comes to pulling in prospects, and can help boost conversions too. However, just installing a SEO plug-in isn’t enough. Here are eight steps to improve your SEO:
- You should focus on on-page SEO. Do a keyword search to see how keywords are trending. Resources like Keyword.io and Google Keyword Planner can help.
- Have a goal you want to achieve = Content Strategy.
- Check your extra links. Are they relevant? The last thing you want to do is be seen as a directory.
- SEO isn’t a one-time deal. Think about what content you can produce to stand out from the crowd.
- Take your most popular pages and link them in your sidebar or bottom section. They will start ranking higher.
- Google “How to rank zero in SEO.”
- Optimize your title tags and meta-description tags to make them persuasive. Google “copy blogger headline formula” or “how to write magnetic headlines”. Read books from David Ogilvy, one of the best copywriters in the business. David says that for every dollar spent on advertising, 80 cents goes to the headline. Make amazing headlines!
- Make sure you have the alt tags for all photos and videos.
If none of this makes sense to you, contact us. We would love to help you improve your SEO!