Social Media is a great way to network with individuals, other businesses, and potential customers. However, keeping up with relevant and appropriate social media posts for a client can be a daunting task. Our Account Manager compiled a list of tips to help you boost your social media pages:
1. Always stay on trend. Use social media to find out what people are talking about – via hashtags- and find creative ways to relate it back to your product or service.
2. Businesses should never use their social media pages for personal, political, or religious statements.
3. Never rely solely on your own creativity. Collect ideas from others around you.
4. Always, always stay on top of the analytics when recognizing your audience. Are they checking posts at 5:00 a.m. or 3.30 p.m.? Are they mostly college graduates? Are they located in one city? Do they all speak English as their first language? The more specific you can narrow your audience to, the better you can tailor your posts, pictures, and tweets.
5. Don’t get lazy by only using hashtags. Put in the extra work to dig for interesting information and take original photos/videos relevant to the client to add interest to your page.
6. Use social media to network with business professionals you meet. Cross-promote (with permission) and their followers will become yours. Rather than viewing them as competition, use them as partners.